Salad Nicoise with French Vinaigrette
Simple and delicious salads are what is called for midweek! This vinaigrette is tasty and easy to make with the best ingredients.
- INGREDIENTS TO GET READY
- 300g baby potatoes
- 3 eggs
- 200 g fine beans
- 220 g tomatoes (I’ve used baby plum tomatoes)
- 1 red pepper
- Half cucumber
- 1/4 red onion
- 70 g black olives
- 1 tbsp capers
- 100 g tuna
- FOR THE VINAIGRETTE
- 1 tsp Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
- PUT IT TOGETHER
- 1. We start this recipe with the vinaigrette, as it’s super easy to make and you can keep it in the fridge for up to one week.
- 2. Put the mustard, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper into a bowl and stir well to combine.
- 3. Add the olive oil in a very slow stream, whisking constantly until the dressing is emulsified. Leave it on the side, until ready to use.
- 4. Put the baby potatoes into a pan of cold water and boil them for around 10 minutes until tender.
- 5. Take them out with a slotted spoon and place the eggs really gently in the same water.
- 6. Simmer the eggs for around 10 minutes and let them cool under the cold water. Peel and cut in halves and quarters. They will look more interesting on the plate later on when sliced differently.
- 7. Meanwhile cook the fine beans for around 7 minutes and leave them on the side.
- 8. Cut the tomatoes (leave half of tomatoes, they would great on the plate later), pepper, cucumber and red onion.
- 9. Arrange all the vegetables on a serving plate together with the black olives. Drain the tuna and place large chunks on the top of other ingredients. Sprinkle with capers and drizzle with a previously made vinaigrette.
- 10. Enjoy!
Recipe Cuisine: French